Williams Funeral Homes trace their origin to a partnership which began in Painter, VA in 1943. Several years later in 1949, Carlisle M. Williams and his wife Evelyn Hickman Williams purchased the Bundick and Johnson Funeral Home in Onancock, VA. That funeral home then became Williams Funeral Home. They were joined by their son, John T. Williams in 1959 and then later by another son, Thomas W. Williams. The business flourished and in 1969, another location was added in Parksley, VA. This location was owned and managed by John T. Williams and his wife, Peggy Gray Williams. This business subsequently purchased the Parksley Funeral Home in 1970 and these two businesses were consolidated into one funeral home named Williams-Parksley Funeral Home, Inc. John T. and Peggy's son, John T. Williams, Jr., joined the firms in 2000. Williams-Onancock Funeral Home, Williams-Parksley Funeral Home and Peninsula Monument and Vault Company operate under the umbrella of Williams Funeral Homes, Inc. These companies provide service to Accomack County (including Tangier Island) and Northampton County.